Wednesday, December 26, 2007

 
In which I am interviewed by Italy's Bob Marley magazine

Last week I received an e-mail from Marco Virgona, proprietor of a comprehensive Bob Marley magazine based in Italy. Marco said he had heard I was at the deservedly legendary weekend at Max's Kansas City in New York in 1973, a weekend that featured the double-bill of two almost unknown acts: Bob Marley & the Wailers, and Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. He also asked me if I ever met Marley, and if I had any anecdotes to share. Yes, I was at the Marley/Springsteen shows, and yes, I had interviewed Marley and had an anecdote to share, one in which Marley lights a spliff and offers his interrogator a toke. What happens next? You can read all about it on Marco's site, along with the fairly recent photo of me culled from my Rock's Back Pages bio and a nice plug for my book, "A Brief History of Rock, Off the Record." Just scroll down and look to the left side of the homepage.
—Wayne Robins




Google News





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?